Friday, October 30, 2015

Finding Self Worth In The One Who Is Worthy To Judge

Hello family, friends, and followers! :)

I am still getting in the rhythm of how often and on what day I would consistently like to post. So just bare with me until I get this whole blogging thing down! ;)

This has been an interesting couple of weeks! God is teaching me so much and I am so excited to share it with you!

I can only speak from a woman's point of view, but that doesn't mean guys can't apply this to themselves! At the very least you guys can see a little glimpse into the complex mind of a woman haha!

So I have just been thinking a lot about where my self worth, value, and identity comes from lately. I can honestly say for most of my life that tends to all come from people. Whether it be my manager, my family, my friends, and so on, my self worth seems to come from them. That's something we as humans desire right? We seek approval and acceptance. So let me ask you guys, where does your value and self worth come from?

I feel like most woman to at least some extent want to be loved, desired, and cared for. I can unfortunately say that we put a lot of pressure on ourselves sometimes. Why else do you think we would spend hours doing our hair, makeup, and finding a cute outfit? Trust me, it is not because it's fun and we enjoy it by any means. You don't think we would much rather jump out of the shower, throw on some clothes, and head out the door? Umm, yes please! Sign me up for that! Guys by all means have this too, but our world is so focused on outer beauty it is ridiculous! America's version of beauty is so crazy. Skinny but curvy(Guys: fit, but muscular). Perfect hair. Perfect skin. I mean can you honestly think of one person like that? Heck no. No one looks like that unless it's photo shopped. So why do we strive so much to look like that? There's a difference between wanting to be healthy and putting so much emphasis on beauty. I am so guilty of this by the way, but this has all got me thinking, why do I find my self worth in some other human being? We're all flawed, all sinful, all have a different opinions about what beauty is. If someone asked you for a picture of someone beautiful, what picture would you give them? I can tell you, my first reaction would be to find a model in a magazine.

Here's what's so cool though you guys, there is someone out there that sees us SO valuable, SO precious, and SO worthy to be loved. That guy's name is Jesus! If there is one thing that I am trying to apply to my life after this week it is this; find my self worth in someone who is worthy to judge me. Some days I get so sucked in to being loved that I don't care who's showing me it. I just want to feel valued, loved, and feel like someone actually cares about me. When really I should be looking to my Heavenly Father to feel those things. You know, I could change my whole life for someone who thinks I'm beautiful, valuable, and worthy of love but at the end of the day I'm always going to be disappointed. Want to know why? Because NO ONE is going to love you as much as you should be loved except for Jesus. No one could possibly fulfill me the way Jesus does. So I encourage you all, do not give a guy or a girl or anyone else for that matter that much power over you. Don't let that person determine how much you're worth. No matter if you are single, in a relationship, or married, put God first. Find yourself in Him.
Trust me it is so much easier said than done, but I can promise you that it is so much easier finding my worth in Christ versus a guy, or manager, or friend. God knows all my flaws, all my imperfections, all my insecurities, in yet He loves me more than I could ever imagine! God also knows all my wonderful qualities and he uses those to help all my brothers and sisters in Christ!
 Heavenly Father,
I just pray over my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that they would find their self worth, their value, and their identity in you, God. In this world it is so easy to not feel beautiful, valuable, or loved. Help us to not look to a guy, girl, manager, or friend for our identity. Lord, you tell us how precious we are to you, I pray that we would believe it and embrace it. You love us so much that you gave your Son, Jesus, up so that we could enter our heavenly home some day. I just praise you for that God. I praise you for your unconditional and unfathomable love. Let us not look to this world but to you, God. Help us to put you first above everything else. It is so hard to do that sometimes, but I know that you also provide us with strength to get through the hard times. Let us always remember that we are yours and yours alone.
In His name I pray, Amen.

God's Blessings,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment