Friday, October 9, 2015

I Am Not Alone

Hello family, friends, and followers! :)

So in my first post I told you guys a little bit about myself; one of the last things I touched on was that part of the reason I decided to start blogging was because while we all have different stories I feel like we can all enter common ground when it comes to the trials and struggles of this world. It may not be all the same trials and struggles, but none the less we've all been through them and will continue to go through them until the day we die. So with that I'm just going to dive right into what's going on in my life and what God has been showing me this last week!

I Am Not Alone.

When I read that sentence at the beginning of the week I truly felt that that statement was far from the truth. Okay, so if I'm not alone then why do I feel so empty? Why do I feel like no one understands what I'm going through? I know that I have friends and family that love and care about me...but then why do I feel like something is missing?

Have you guys ever woken up some days and just felt immediate stress because in your head you're like,"Great. Another day I have to deal with the same junk I do everyday. Face it alone. Pretend for another day that I have it all together when I don't."? That was me this week. I can probably relate to almost everybody in this way, but for me I don't like it when my life isn't all together. For some reason I feel ashamed, embarrassed, and defeated. Man, when life is good I'm like,"YES! God is so good! He loves me! I love my life! Praise God! I am so blessed!". But then when life isn't good I look up to Heaven and I'm like,"What the heck God? What are you doing up there? Hello! I still exist!!". What's funny about that scenario is that it's not like all my friends and family disappear and reappear every time that happens. Especially God, He stays the same no matter what. God says in the Bible, Hebrews 13:8: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. So once I accepted that I'm like okay God, you always stay the same so why do I feel like for some odd reason I have to go through things alone when life is not good? The honest answer I have concluded for myself is that even though I know God knows everything, I'm still embarrassed to bring my struggles to him. That's like admitting to your boss that you don't know how to do something. You just want their approval and to be impressed with you. Well get this, God already accepted and approved you! Romans 8:31-39 says:


Wow, I don't know about you guys but that verse brings me so much joy and peace! NOTHING I do or say can separate me from being God's child. NOTHING. Just because I FAIL at life sometimes, doesn't mean God isn't FAITHFUL. He gets it and understands how hard life is for us at times. That's why He also blessed us with fellow people to help us though the trials. God knew from the very beginning of creation that we need other people to help us though this life. Genesis 2:18 says:
Something I realized this week was how silly it is to "suck things up" and try do everything by myself. That's like a good friend coming to you asking you to build him a dresser(or something along those lines), handing you a tool box and instructions, and you just taking the tool box and say,"Nah! I'm too good for all this, I only need a few nails and a screw driver to make this dresser turn out awesome!" That sounds absolutely silly doesn't it? Why would you not use all the tools as well as the instructions to make the dresser?

That's how I feel like I treat life sometimes. I try to do it alone and by doing so I make it a whole lot harder than if I would actually use the blessings God has so graciously given me. We need people to help us as well as we need the instructions to guide us through life. Now, making a dresser sounds pretty complicated to me but I'm sure that we can agree that life is a whole lot harder than that. So I encourage you guys to talk to the fellow people around you. Family, friends, neighbors. God put them all in your life for a reason. Use them. And even if life is going good for you right now, take that time to encourage someone else who may be struggling. As for reading the instructions, stay in God's Word. It's amazing how your whole day can be flipped upside down by simply getting to know God more. 

I would like to leave you guys with this song. It really spoke to me this week and gave me hope when I felt like giving up on life.

God's Blessings,

Megan

1 comment:

  1. This is my life right now! Thank you, I needed to hear this! I am so busy right now and I keep trying to do it all alone, I need to be ok with asking for help! I love how God puts the right message in front of me when I need it most ❤️

    ReplyDelete