Monday, June 6, 2016

The Final Month of Outreach!

Hello friends and family! 

I am so excited to share with you about the last month of outreach! It was so incredible, these pictures and memories don't do it justice! 

First off I would like so say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who prayed for me in regards to my ear infection! God completely healed me 100% in the Philippines because of His faithfulness and your prayers! 

Since my last update I have said goodbye to Thailand and hello to another family in the Philippines! It was really tough to say goodbye to the staff and children at the children's home, I honestly didn't expect to get so close to all of them! Each one of them felt like a brother and sister to me!

Hello Philippines!! My lovely friend, Jenae, and I flew a week later than the rest of my team(due to my ear infection) and came back in full swing to say the least! We were blessed to be a part of the high school ministry in Manila and then the next day we packed up everything to run a week long camp in Naga, Philippines! 


Camp Lokahi was quite the experience! I had the privilege of leading a group of 10 youth in a small group during the week! Our theme for camp was Moving Mountains! Which was something I was currently going through at the time! There is no way I could have gotten through camp without the strength of God! It was such a wonderful week, from getting to know the people, see 28 youth be baptized, and see a total of 160 kids eager to know more about our awesome God! We also had our first open air, which consisted of reaching out to the local community, performing skits, dances, and worship, as well as feeding all the families that came to our program! It was awesome to see everyone put into action what they learned at camp! 


Our last week in the Philippines we held 2 more open airs, helped the Naga YWAM staff with bar ministry(building relationships with women that work at the bars) and got to build relationships with the Naga staff and their families! It's so crazy how they felt like family in such a short period of time! 
I would say my favorite part about the Philippines was the people! They all are so happy, fun, and love to just have a good time! Oh! And the passion they have for the Lord is so outstanding to see! It's so cool to see that the same God that is doing amazing things in Minnesota is the same God, doing the same things on the other side of the world! Whoa, we serve a BIG God! 

It felt like I only caught the main highlights in this post but I am so excited to go home and share even more! 

On June 1st we got back on a plane and headed to Hawaii for our last week of debriefing the last 5 months! 

I can't believe I only have a few more days left before this adventure comes to a close! I will be returning to Minnesota June 9th! 

Stay tuned for what's to come next! :) Once I'm settled in at home I plan to post again! 

To God All Praise and Glory, 

Megan 
















No comments:

Post a Comment