Saturday, April 2, 2016

The First Month of Outreach!

Hello family and friends! 

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter!! :)  

Thank you for your patience in regards to me posting on my blog! My team and I just got back from the Hill Tribes in Thailand yesterday and I haven't had wifi until now!

Here is what I have been up to this first month of outreach!

We left March 15th for Chiangmai, Thailand! We stayed in the city for a few days and then left for Omkoi, which is about a 2 hour bus ride away from the city!

This was our home for about a week! No plumbing, phone service, Internet, beds or running water for showers! But on the other hand plenty of quality time with God!
We did a lot of field work while we lived there, including clearing 2 fields! We dug about 200 holes total so that they can plant during their growing season! 
These photos above are from the first Hill Tribe we went to!
These are from the second Hill Tribe we went to!
These pictures are from the last Hill Tribe we went to! In summary we did 7 church services total for the Hill Tribes! It was so awesome seeing God use us to share the Gospel even though we couldn't communicate very well with the Karen people! Our services consisted of our testimonies, teaching songs, skits, and sign dances! We were able to give the proper medicine to those who were sick or hurting as well! The majority of the time we just took in their culture and way of life! I learned so much about how to be hospitable and caring to people I don't even know! They were all so kind and eager to feed us and house us! 

God has once again taught me so so much this past month! I really have found my passion and joy in missions! I didn't think my smile could get any bigger, but anytime I hear from other missionaries/speakers or think about how much joy there is that comes with sharing the Gospel with others so that they may be saved, I just get filled to the brim with happiness!!! God has shown me what I want the rest of my life to be like and what is most important! I am so excited to see what this month of April will bring!! 

Thank you so much again for the prayers and support!

I would like to encourage you all to find that one thing that sets your heart on fire! Life is too short not to pursue the desires and dreams that God has placed in your heart! 

To God All Praise and Glory,

Megan







No comments:

Post a Comment